Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1: Thankful in all things...


Every year, beginning November 1, we create a Thankfullness Craft.

One year I posted a big brown poster board "tree" on our back door.  I cut out hundreds of leaf shapes in fall colors, and each day, every member of the family wrote one thing they were thankful for and taped it to the tree.  By Thanksgiving, the tree was full of Fall Leaves.  (This one isn't mine, but it's VERY similar)  I found this one online.








Last year, I covered a cute little box in Fall Themed scrapbook paper.  We wrote our thankgsivings on small pieces of paper, and on Thanksgiving evening, after all festivities, we read them...  This one is available on Etsy.


This year, I have a new idea:

This year I think I'm going to use tree branches.  They're all over our yard, anyway.  Might as well make good use of them, huh?  This one is from skiptomylou.com

And what a pretty display they would make for our dining room on Thanksgiving day...




I think I'll just pre-cut my leaves out of craft paper, construction paper, and scrapbook papers, tie a little string around the top to hang them by, and have at the ready.  I love having them displayed on a pretty silver platter, too.  Source unknown.







I'm super-duper excited about our Thanksgiving Tree this year...  Austin and I will be tracing and cutting out our leaves while he recuperates from his surgery.  

What Thanksgiving traditions do you have?  Do you create a Thankfulness Tree?

Only By His Grace

Billie



7 days til the giveaway:  Enter here