Sunday, November 11, 2012

Company's Coming...Part 5

Are you getting ready for the big turkey day?  Have you been following along with the house keeping and craft ideas?  Are you feeling a little more together?  

Are you excited about any of the projects you've created?  Get your kiddos involved.  Get your family and friends involved.  If you don't have time to print out coloring pages, delegate that to a friend.  If you don't have extra crayons laying around, ask a family member with small children to bring theirs.  

It's okay to ask for help!  Don't get overwhelmed... it's supposed to be fun!  Enjoy the moment, and think of the end result.  It will be worth it all very soon.

In preparation for house guests, one thing I'm always a little nervous over is my kitchen laundry.  Yes, that's right, laundry!

  • Table cloths
  • Napkins
  • Dish cloths
  • Dish towels...
We don't use table cloths or cloth napkins every day, so I don't want any surprises at the last minute when I pull them from my closet to find last year's gravy stain.

I also hate pulling out a kitchen towel from my drawer in front of guests and find that it looks as if it belongs in the rag bag.

I know my laundry is clean, but impressions are everything!  So I always try to do a little extra care to my kitchen towels right before guests arrive.

I must admit, sometimes, my dish cloths get pretty stained up from coffee spills, spaghetti dinners and strawberry jam swipes.  These are supposed to be WHITE.


I do a quick pre-soak before I throw them in the washer.  It takes out the stains and creates less worry for me later on.

I use 1/2 teaspoon of Basic H in a bin of HOT water.


Then I add in 1 Tablespoon of Nature Bright to the water, and swish it around until it's dissolved.  I add in my white dish towels and cloths, and let them soak for approximately 30 minutes.


When I'm ready to drop them in the washer with my white bath towels, the stains are already gone, and I know they will come out looking their best.



I'm still searching for a stain that Basic H and Nature Bright can't remove.

Be prepared before the big dinner.  Sort through your table cloths, napkins, dish towels and dish cloths.  Get those stains before they get you :)

Only By His Grace,

Billie