Saturday, November 3, 2012

Yummy goodness...

One of my favorite new recipes is Honey Garlic Pork Chops.  You're supposed to grill them, but I don't grill out very often, so my friend suggested I adapt the recipe and bake them.  OH DEAR!  They are so good.  Easy?  Yes, please!

Here's the recipe:

     2 TBS Soy Sauce (I use lite)
     1/4 cup honey
     2 TBS chopped garlic
     4 pork chops 3/4 - 1 inch thick.

     Place ingredients in a bowl or zip top bag and marinate in the refrigerator while at work or during the day.

When ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Bake pork chops for 10 - 12 minutes or until done.
That's it.  Super easy...super yummy.  Moist and Delicious!

My second favorite thing to make this time of year is Sweet Potato Casserole: I'm not a big sweet potato / yam fan.  I love the health benefits, though.  This recipe, however, is very dangerous for me.  I could eat the WHOLE casserole all by myself!

     1 29oz can of yams or sweet potaotes, drained
     1/4 cup sugar (I use white and organic mixed)
     3 TBS butter, melted, divided
     1 egg
     1/8 cup milk
     1 tsp vanilla extract


 Drain the liquid from the yams. Place in casserole dish, and break apart (I use a whisk)
Next, add sugar, egg, milk, 1/2 melted butter and vanilla extract.  Mix together well, but do  not "mash".
 









   
Next comes the good part, the topping!

1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBS flour
1/2 - 1 cups chopped pecans (amount is your preference)
remainder of melted butter




Mix all four ingredients together until crumbly.


Add to the top of casserole - bake at 350 for 40 - 45  minutes.



I make this recipe every Thanksgiving and every Christmas.  It's a favorite of ours and I'm sure it will be a favorite of yours, too.

Only By His Grace,

Billie

5 Days til the giveaway:  Enter here