Monday, October 29, 2012

Magnificent Monday: This is the week!

Today is Magnificent Monday.  Usually I post a brief blurb about my resolution for the week.  But I'm not making a resolution this week.  I would love to hear your resolutions, though.  I love hearing about what YOU'RE working on.

I am super-excited, though.  This week my AJ gets his tonsils removed!  YAY!  He's almost eight years old and fighting strep is an on-going battle around our house.  Austin is called a carrier.  He carries the strep bacteria in his little body all the time - so it only takes exposure to trigger an attach with him.

Since last October, he's had strep 9 times - 7 documented and 2 from the ICC.  We finally got an appointment with an ENT who is graciously going to remove those tonsils.

Wednesday is Halloween so we'll be trick - or - treating and eating lots of fun, creative (gross) stuff.
Thursday morning we have the procedure done.  He'll be all healed by Thanksgiving!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this.  He doesn't rest, he gets sick almost every month, he misses school, we worry about spreading the germs... He's going to feel SO MUCH BETTER!

So - this week - NO resolution... I'm just going to enjoy my sweet kiddos... and take some much needed time off to rest and snuggle with my little big guy on the sofa with some movies... I'm sure some of which will be Christmas movies :)

I hope all of you have a great week.  Keep up the great work!  I know you're all motivated to finish those tasks and fight the good fight.

In the meantime, I'll be here... loving my kiddos...

Only By His Grace,

Billie

We always have a creative dinner for Halloween.
Here are some super fun Halloween dinner ideas I wanted to share with you.

I love making fun Halloween themes for dinner on Halloween night.  My kiddos never know what to expect.

Hot Dog Mummies -- How fun is that?


RIP cookies in chocolate pudding with crushed chocolate cookies on top...
Clever, clever!

 Veggie Fingers...
 More ham fingers... I'd have to put some red sweet and sour sauce out with these guys.


I'd use orange peppers, but what a great way to serve
spaghetti on Halloween?


One of my all time favorites...turning chicken wings
into bats...


And this year's theme?  SNAILS...


Who says you shouldn't play with your food?





November Promo



10 Days til the Giveaway: