Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let it go...

Has anyone ever given you this piece of advice, "Just let it go!"  Sometimes it's not that easy, is it?

Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that needs your attention?  Do you enjoy cleaning your house or is it a drag for you?  Do you find your home to be a peaceful resting place at the end of a hectic day?

October 1 in our house is the start of what I like to call 31 things in 31 days.  It's my own personal campaign to rid my life of 31 unnecessary item every day for 31 days.  These items can be old clothing, old board games, shoes, coats, household items, decor, etc.  The goal is to just let it go!

What do you do with items you no longer want?  Well, your choices are the same as mine.
1) donate them
2) recycle them
3) repurpose them
4) dispose of them

When I look at an item I am getting rid of, I ask myself what I'm going to do with it!  The answer MUST be one of the four choices above.

What I sometimes find is that many people will "store" these items in the basement or in the garage.  My question is:  You decided you were ready to rid it from your life...but not your home?  Why are you keeping it?  If you really are ready to get rid of it, then LET IT GO! Get it out of the house... keep a box or a basket in your garage, or better yet, your car.  When It's full, take it to the donation center. Trust me!  You'll get tired of seeing it in your car!  If it's trash, dispose of it.  Just determine to get it out of the house!

So that's great practice for all of those pesky tangibles.

But what about the things that clutter your heart?  What are they?  How do you let go of those things?

Well, Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest!" Matthew 11:28.  Are you spending time with the author of your life?  The one who has promised that if you will come to him, you will find rest?

We can replace the negative with the positive.  We can take the things that clutter our thoughts and our heart and replace them with the positive word of God.  "Let the word of Christ dwell richly within you." Colossians 3:16.

My challenge to you:  Try getting rid of 31 things in 31 days.  It doesn't have to be a huge undertaking -- but you will find it refreshing!  Then, for 10 minutes a day, let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.  Begin replacing the negative internal clutter with the positive peace of Christ!

Blessings to you, my friend...

Only By His Grace,

Billie Ross





Be Sure to "Follow" Along!
If we get 50 followers by November 1 we will have a giveaway with 2 great prize packages!

3 ways to enter:
1) Become a new "follower" of this blog -- in the side bar
2) Leave me a comment telling me you're "following"
3) Post a link on your blog or Facebook page about the giveaway 
and introduce people to this blog!