Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What about all those legos?


If you're a parent, or grandparent who has little visitors from time to time, you may find yourself faced with the dilemma of what to do with all those Legos?  They are obtrusive little buggers, aren't they?  They find their way into the carpet, the sofa cushions, under tables and in drawers.  Eventually, they end up in my vacuum canister... but I've found a solution!  You're going to love this because it's so simple and it's massively inexpensive!

First, here are some options I found online for Lego storage and organization:

This one is $141.00 before shipping.

These are from The Container Store - at $40.00 each

This is the actual Lego storage tray unit --

Here's my inexpensive solution:
We had one giant bin of legos.  Whenever my son wanted to build something the whole things got dumped out onto the floor so he could find one tiny piece.  After many frustrating attempts at organizing, I went for simple - and cheap!

How many households across America have these inexpensive food containers?  


Yours may be a brand name, but for this purpose, I went for the super-cheap store brand.  I even have used the ones that come with my lunch meat :) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

The large ones cost me less than $3.00 per set of three, on store special, so I bought about 5 sets.  Check this out!

Each color gets it's own little container:









Best part?  They stack up, they're clear so you can see exactly what you're looking for, and they were CHEAP!


If you've been invaded by Legos or other little boy toys, try this!  Got a husband with lots of drill bits, screws, and fasteners?  Give this a go...  You will not believe how functional it is!

Wanna know a secret?  They're great for traveling with makeup and facial products, too.  No more popped open bottles because they got squashed in transit :)

What are you going to organize today?  Can you use a few of these little bins? 

Let me know what you think...

Only By His Grace,

Billie

Connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abetterwayoflife

See what Shaklee can do for you:  www.abetterwayoflife.myshaklee.com 

Get blog posts delivered to your inbox:  Follow by email (right side bar)

Leave me a comment:  That's what folks do!