Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Organized Wardrobe for the work week...

As promised, I'm going to talk to you today about organizing your wardrobe for the work week to save you time and hassle during the busy morning hours.

Yesterday I talked to you about my master closet organization.  I have my clothes organized by type: scarves, skirts, pants, blouses, cardigans and jackets and blazers.

My shoes are all together, my jewelry is all together, my purses are all together.

Today I'm going to show you why I organize my closet this way.  I like to think through my outfits.  I work 3 - 4 days a week outside of my home and need to dress appropriately.  I don't like to wear the same colors twice in one week, and so it takes me a little more thought than it would most normal people.  :)  

Myself, I start with my shoes.  I build my outfit from the bottom up.  Here's outfit one!

Black and white zebra print shoes with red accents.



 Add black knee length skirt

Add white blouse



 Add red jacket.


Here's the whole thing.

Last step, choose and add jewelry.





Out fit two:  Pink shoes!



Add brown tweed skirt



Add brown blouse



Add pink and white cardigan sweater



Add pink and brown jewelry!



Outfit three: Black furry, gold heeled pumps

Add gold and black patterned skirt.



Add taupe blouse (you can't see it from the photo, but there is taupe in the pattern of the skirt)



Add in black cardigan with gold embroidery detail.

Whole outfit.  Minus jewelry this time.  With this much gold patterning around the bodice of the sweater, I find adding jewelry makes the outfit too busy.




This week I work three days - next week I'll work four.  But each week, on Sunday night, I process my wardrobe choices for the week.  That way, when Monday comes screaming in, I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing.  I already have my options laid out. 

As you can see, I dress in layers.  I find our office to be on the chilly side - I stay cold, so I like to have at least a sweater or jacket worked into each day.  If I get warm, I can remove it - but I like knowing I have options for warmth.  If I choose to forgo the sweater, I will choose a scarf in it's place.

Here are a few inspirations I found on pintrest.  What I like the most is the base for each outfit is neutral.  If your basics are neutral, you can add in color and splash anyway you like; jewelry, scarves, cardigans, shoes!  The choices become endless... take a look.  Which are your favorites?










If you don't organize your wardrobe for the work week, I encourage you to give it a shot.  I think you'll find your mornings go a little smoother and you'll have extra time for just one more cup of java!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

Connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abetterwayoflife

Get blog posts delivered to your inbox:  Follow by email (right side bar)

Leave me a comment:  That's what folks do!