Monday, January 28, 2013

Master Closet...

A few days ago I had you go to work on your Master closet. Today I want to show you my closet - it's not decked out with matching bins and boxes.  It didn't spend hundreds of dollars to have a closet organizer company come in and detail it all out.  I just simply determined what I needed, and took a little trip to Wal-mart and Target.

Here is my closet - it may not look like much, but it packs a big punch!  My husband shares the side I'm standing in.  It is NOT organized...and I will spare you the ugly details of this area :)

The area you're looking at is for my shoes.  I know, it's a lot to take in, but most of these shoes have been with me for 15 - 20 years...  Baskets above hold scarves, ponchos, sweaters I don't hang, and neck wear (like tiny scarves).

I have a stack of jeans on the shelf to the left, and to the right is my jewelry area. 






All of my clothes hang from the bottom bar.  There is a very specific reason for this - and I'll show you more about that tomorrow.  

The way this area is categories is:  Scarves, then skirts, then pants, then blouses, then cardigan sweaters, then blazers and jackets.


The top bar is usually empty - I use it organize my weekly work wardrobe. 



The shoe hangers I purchased for $10 each.  I have 4 - and I didn't purchase them all at once.  I purchased them as I needed them.  As you can see, the bins above don't match and are different sizes.  I either used what I had, or found baskets that weren't being utilized to their full potential.  No cost - high organizational impact.  Obviously, if you wanted everything to match you could purchase matching sets.  It wasn't important to me, so I went with what I had, that would work.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow as I show you how I organize my work wardrobe for the week.  Because my closet is organized the way it is, I put together a week's worth of outfits in less than 10 minutes.  This saves me lots of time during the morning rush and I can think through my choices with purpose.

Stay tuned tomorrow!  You don't want to miss it!

Only By His Grace,

Billie


Connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abetterwayoflife

Get blog posts delivered to your inbox:  Follow by email (right side bar)

Leave me a comment:  That's what folks do!