Monday, January 14, 2013

Junk drawers...



I certainly hope you are making progress during our organize-a-thon.  I am tackling every square inch of my house this month.  Let me tell you, I have purged and assessed and you know what?  IT FEELS GREAT!

I wanted to show you a few photos of a "quick" project I tackled on Saturday.  

My start time:

My finish time:

Items I accomplished in under an hour?
           * 4 kitchen drawers organized
           * 3 kitchen cabinets organized


Ready?  Here we go...

Junk drawer #1 had a drawer divider, but nothing else going for it.  What do I need in this drawer?  Dry erase markers for the calendar, post its, pens, pencils, tape, fish food, occasionally a coupon or receipt. 

Before:

After: (a little blurry but you get the point)


Junk drawer #2 also had a divider, but again...not much organization happening.  You know what I found?  Drapery hardware, tools, extra buttons, tons and tons of push pins, box tops, expired coupon books, art supplies, J-U-N-K!.

Before:





After:


Drawer #3 is my "wrapping" drawer.  I keep all my ziptop baggies, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, parchment paper, lunch making supplies in this drawer.  Not a lot to do with it, so I wiped it out and restocked it.

Before:

After:

And the worst drawer ever?  Drawer #4.  I'm not sure what happened to this one.  Items included balloons, hot glue gun, Easter decorations, plug-in air fresheners, 9 pocket sized tissue packets, and more J-U-N-K.

Before:

After:


Next items on my list, the cabinets.  Cabinet #1 was an atrocious mess.  I couldn't use my cookbooks, my paper towels, the paper plates...everything would fall out when you opened the door.

Before:

After:

Cabinet #2 is where I store things rarely used.  Interesting find:  For a family of four - we had nine lunch boxes... Why?

Before:

 After:

Cabinet #3 is under my kitchen sink.  I'll spare you the details, but let's just say... J-U-N-K!!!

Before:

After:


In showing you all of these photos, my point to you is simple.  In less than an hour, I organized all of my trouble spots in the kitchen. Now, this doesn't include my pantry or the refrigerator, but those areas I keep up with pretty regularly.  

Today my challenge for you is to take 20 minutes and attack a drawer or two - you may get going and tackle the whole kitchen... the point is -- start somewhere!  

You can do this!  You can get organized!

Only By His Grace,

Billie


Connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abetterwayoflife

See what Shaklee can do for you:  www.abetterwayoflife.myshaklee.com 

Get blog posts delivered to your inbox:  Follow by email (right side bar)

Leave me a comment:  That's what folks do!