Monday, October 7, 2013

Simple ideas... day one

I love information that makes my life simpler.  It doesn't matter if it's as easy as freezing home-made chicken stock in ice cube trays, or something that makes me say, "aha," I love information that makes my life simpler.

For the next few days I will be sharing some of the best tips I've found.  These ideas have either simplified my life, saved me time, or saved me money.  Some of them are extremely simple - some of them are borderline genius.  I hope you enjoy.

Day one:  Freezing kitchen sponges


If you have ever sent freezer packs in your child's lunch box only to have it return punctured and oozing that strange blue goo everywhere, you'll want to try this.

Wet a new, clean kitchen sponge, put it in a ziptop freezer bag, squeeze out the excess air and pop it in the freezer.  When it freezes solid, you have an ice pack. When it thaws, the water is absorbed by the sponge, and if it leaks, you know it's non-toxic.



Give it a try.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Only By His Grace,

Billie