Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A few of my favorite things...


I love Halloween.  It's such a fun way to kick off the holiday season.  It seems as if it sneaks up on me every year, though.

Even now, I still have finishing touches to put on my kids' costumes - and what am I doing?  Blogging :)  Oh well, looks like I'll have a couple late nights - but I Will. Get. It. Done!

Every year, one or both of my kids asks me to make their halloween costumes.  This year, my 8 year old son wants to be a creeper, from Minecraft.  Well, that's been an undertaking.

First there was the hoarding of cardboard boxes.  Buying of spray paint.  Then, to make the creeper pixilated like on the game, we "commandeered" paint chips.  Loads and loads of them.  Then we cut them into 1 inch squares and glued them all on.  Yep...one. at. a. time.  But it looks good.  When it's complete, I'll show you pictures.

My daughter will be taking her last Halloween trick or treat adventure this year.  She designed her own costume.  She wants to be a sunflower.  So, we purchased yards and yards of yellow fabric, netting and flowers.  She will wear green pants underneath the skirt for the stem, and will wear a black t-shirt as the center.  I will show pictures of that later, as well.  

Halloween.  It's such a fun time for our family.  And I love all the memories we're making putting together all the costumes, buying candy, going door to door begging for candy.

I can't wait!

What are your traditions?

Only By His Grace,

Billie