Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Good Enough Fall Cleaning...


We've cleaned our ceiling fans and lights, worked our way down the walls ridding ourselves of cobwebs and smudges, now it's time to tackle the furniture.

Today's challenge is dusting furniture:
I don't mind dusting furniture.  I like to get rid of all the dirt and fingerprints.  I recently painted my living room tables black and now I realize how much they show dust.  So, this is a task close to my heart.


When we're doing your normal dusting, many of us tend to get the tops and maybe the dustier parts of furniture.  During the "Good enough fall cleaning" series, I want you to take a few extra minutes to dust the whole piece of furniture. No, it doesn't have to be perfect, but I think you'll find there is more dust accumulated than you think.



Dust the tops, down the sides, the legs, the drawer fronts, and if you have a base molding piece at the bottom, dust it off, too.

Work your way through the house as time permits.  Maybe it's only one room today, maybe you can do it all.  I don't know?  Do what you can, give it your best effort.  You can always finish up another time.

Remember that good enough, is good enough.

Only By His Grace,

Billie