Thursday, October 3, 2013

All Things Fall...day 23


Can you believe it's October, already?  I'm having a hard time processing that question.  Just yesterday we were hosting an informal Memorial Day cookout, celebrating back-to-school, and now...it's OCTOBER? I must have had a really long nap!

This happens to me every year.  I look forward to the end of the school year, try to squeeze excitement into every fleeting summer moment, and then WHAM!  October hits me hard and fast.  

One of the things I love about fall, and October especially, is that it almost forces me to slow down - at least a little bit.  Oh, there will always be things to do, projects to complete and activities to enjoy, but with October comes a long, slow exhale.  


I find myself enjoying every sip of my morning coffee - often times on the deck wrapped in a blanket.


I stop and really take in the sunrise...


or sunset.



Our family spends a little time visiting a nearby arboretum.  


And I find myself taking time to enjoy an autumn stroll, and give myself permission to sit on a bench for a moment or two...and I contemplate.

I love October.  It means pumpkins and early sunsets.  It means neighbors putting fall mums on the porch and the smell of leaves in the air.

What are your October favorites?

Only By His Grace,

Billie