Tuesday, October 1, 2013

All Things Fall...day 21

I find myself, once again, enamored with fancy pumpkins.  I love a good jack-o-lantern as much as the next ghoul (ahem) but give me a fancy pumpkin any day.  Why?  Well, I guess it's because you can put them out at the beginning of October and leave them out until after Thanksgiving.  Maybe it's because they're so cheerful, or maybe it's just because they're just so darn cute.

Need a little inspiration?  Coming right up!  I have five handsome options for your viewing pleasure.


Option 1:  A beautiful pumpkin with a berry garland twined around the stem.  Wouldn't it be beautiful as a centerpiece as well as on a front porch?  I'm also envisioning this little beauty on an outdoor picnic table as you sit around a fire roasting marshmallows.


Option 2:  Now, I know this was probably stenciled, but if you have a steady hand and are good with a Sharpie, I think this could be accomplished free-hand.   Options are limitless here, orange pumpkins, black markings; white pumpkins, black markings; orange pumpkins, glitter markings; Black pumpkins, glitter markings, on and on and on.  What does your imagination tell you to do?



Option 3:  This is one of the most clever ideas for pumpkins I've seen in a while.  Ribbon...oh my!  Be still my beating heart!


Option 4:  At one time or another we've all had that roll of medical gauze in our medicine cabinet.  How often do we really need it?  Obviously, the answer is once a year!  Take a pumpkin and turn him into a mummy.  Clever!



Option 5:  My last, but favorite idea is this black pumpkin on a white pillar.  Black chalk board paint and white chalk make this pumpkin a show-stopper.  Put it on a covered porch or in a lit window and you have a Halloween count-down, pumpkin style!

What is your favorite way to decorate a pumpkin?

Only By His Grace,

Billie