Wednesday, October 2, 2013

All Things Fall...day 22

One of my favorite things about fall is the time change.  As much as I love the time my kids have to play outside, I also love when it starts to get dark earlier and earlier.  When it is totally dark at 6:00 p.m., I know my kiddos are inside, reading, playing, listening to music... they're just there with me.

In the weeks right before the time change I like to put on a light jacket or warm sweater and take a walk through our neighborhood.  


Although these aren't actual photos of my neighborhood (my neighbors are paranoid of my camera) I do so love the warm glow of a house lit at dusk.  There is something about it that says, "welcome home."  There is something that says, "It's warm in here."


Even when there isn't a lot of activity going on inside, I'm not a stalker after all, there is a warm and welcome sight to a house with the porch light on. 

Add a sweet jack-o-lantern flickering away on the porch and you have a house that feels like a warm hug.

Only By His Grace,

Billie