Thursday, December 6, 2012

Time is fleeting...

Time is fleeting.  The moments we have are precious and never to be taken for granted.

As I lie awake in the quiet still moments of the morning, I started thinking of my own childhood Christmas memories.  To be honest, I don't have many.  There is so much about my life that has escaped my memory and as much as I try to probe the recesses of my mind, I just can't find what I'm looking for.  I remember a Christmas when I was about 7, I guess, and then I remember another Christmas when I was about 14.  That's it.  That's all I can remember.  

Oh, I know I was there.  I've seen the pictures.  But I don't have the actual memories.  I can't seem to find them anywhere.

It's caused me to cherish the memories I'm making with my kiddos now, all-the-more.  And what precious memories they are.

Kayla is nearly 12, and Austin will be 8 this week.  That means that I have 6 years left with Kayla and 10 years left with Austin before they go off to college, get married, join the peace corps, or whatever they decide to do with their adult lives.  

This past week we took them to the mall...to see SANTA.  Yep!  That's right!  Oh, they know the secret... but it was still a load of fun to see what may be our last Santa visit...



Funny thing happens when they're this age.  Santa becomes a conversationalist rather than a magical person.  

Santa: "What do you want for Christmas?"  
Kayla: "A Sugarglider."  
Santa: "What would your parents say about that?"  

Santa: "What do you want for Christmas?" 
 Austin: "Ninjago."  
Santa: "Oh!  What's Ninjago?" (Really, Santa?  You know the elves were gasping at that question...)

What great times!

These kiddos are my heart and joy!  What a wonderful way to make Christmas memories...even now!





Cherish the moments you have with your kiddos.  They may be small now, but time is fleeting...

Only By His Grace,

Billie