Monday, December 3, 2012

A long time coming...

Do you ever do something that simplifies your routine so much.  Then you ask, "Why did it take me so long to do that?"

This was one of those moments.  Like you, I'm always looking for ways to simplify my morning routine.  Like you, I don't have enough storage in my bathroom.  It seems as though my make up drawer was always just one big jumbled up mess.

This morning I realized, I have three categories of stuff in my drawer: 1) eye makeup 2) facial makeup 3) hair supplies.
I have tried many drawer organizers, spend many dollars, but guess what works the best?  The re-usable kitchen storage containers.  I bought the inexpensive, store brand.  They fit perfectly in my drawer, are deep enough to hold multiple items and they're washable!  LOVE THAT!

Here's what my disorganized drawer looked like before: everything was mixed in there together.  I had to hunt and peck to find what I wanted.  



I took everything out, wiped out the drawer, and in went three reusable containers.  There is space in the back for a couple rarely used items.



The front container now holds all my eye makeup.
The second container holds my facial makeup; foundation, blush, brushes, etc.
The last container holds extra hair supplies; hair elastics, clips, barrettes, etc.
The back area holds my hair shears (I cut my son's hair).



I'm so pleased!  This took me a total of 5 minutes, and it cost me less than $2.50.  

We use these little containers for everything!  I bought a dozen of the larger size for my son's legos.  Every color gets it's own box -- with a lid -- and they're stackable!

But that's another post!

Only By His Grace,

Billie