Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I've received the Liebster Award: For up-and-coming bloggers


Liebster Award


Thank you Apple of Mama's Eye for nominating me for the Liebster Award!

leibster 150
"Liebster" is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, or welcome. 
The Liebster Award is granted to new, up and coming bloggers with great potential and fewer than 200 followers.
According to the rules of the Liebster Award, I am to answer 11 questions posed at the nominating website, choose 11 people to whom I will pass on this honor, and then make up 11 more questions which the new recipients must then in turn answer.



I was asked the following questions:

1. Do you have children?
Yes: One girl, One boy
2. Why did you start blogging?
To share household tips, organizing strategies, and to encourage women that they CAN, in fact, have the home they want!
3. What is your favorite movie?

Has to be "You've Got Mail."  I've seen it over 40 times and can quote it word for word.
4. What do you do for a living?
My husband is part owner of an IT consulting firm.  I work in our office trying to "manage" over 40 employees.
5. Do you like to sew?
I love to sew, but my sewing machine frustrates me...so I've taken up knitting!
6. What do you do to relax after a long day?
Don't laugh:  I clean house!  It's the best therapy I know!
7. What is your favorite book?
Psalms
8. What is your favorite food?
Mexican
9. How old are you?
I'd love to say I'm 25, but alas, I'm not!  My true age is 40!
10. What state do you live in?
Mostly a state of confusion, but my home state is Kentucky
11. Who is your biggest inspiration? 
My husband.  He is the best!  I'm very blessed to have him in my life!


11 Random facts about me!
1. I have the equivalent of 1 kidney
2. My hair is totally gray!  When I color, I try to go for something fun.  Right now it's brunette with red and blonde highlights!
3. I have a dog named Holly
4. I'm addicted to coffee and chocolate!  Put the two together and I'm ruined!
5. I've been married for 21.5 glorious years!
6. I secretly love the moving MegaMind!
7. I love being a secret santa!
8. I have a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
9. I am HIGHLY allergic to cats!
10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes!  Did I say I love shoes?  I LOVE SHOES!
11. My kiddos and my husband are the most important people in my life!

11 blogs I nominated!

For these 11 bloggers I've nominated, your 11 questions are:
1. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?

2. Favorite celebration: Christmas or New Years?

3. What is your favorite shoe store?

4. Do you sleep with socks on or socks off?

5. What is one thing MOST people don't know about you?

6. How early do you decorate for Christmas?

7. Beach or Mountains?

8.  Favorite ice cream flavor?

9.  Country or City?

10. Did you play a sport in high school?

11. Do you enjoy photography?



Here are the rules should you choose to except the award:
1. Thank your nominator and link back to the nominator’s blog in your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Nominate 11 other fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award.



Thank you again, Apple of Mama's Eye,  for nominating ME for the Liebster award!

Only By His Grace,

Billie