Tuesday, September 10, 2013

All Things Fall...day 6

I love fall.  Let me just say that again, please. 

I. Love. Fall!
One of the things I love best about fall is getting into the nooks and crannies of housework and sweeping away the muck and mire of a lazy daze summer.
So many things get put on hold during the summer months, but something about the crispness of a fall day, a cool breeze rustling through the autumn leaves and the smell of apple cinnamon buns warming in the oven that just makes me want to clean.
Today's stop on our Fall color tour is about Fall Cleaning - cleaning windows, to be specific.
It's time to channel your inner-Martha!


Of all the times of year that beckon to us to clean our windows, should Fall be that time?  When there is so much beauty and color bursting between the window panes, shouldn't we want a little sparkle and shine to show it all off?

Cleaning your windows isn't a difficult task, as long as you have the right tools.
Professional swear by this recipe: 1 gallon of warm water, 2 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.  Mix it all together and swish it around.
One of my personal favorite tools, however, is a microfiber cloth of good quality.  I purchase mine at the auto parts store.  They're blue, and they're fabulous! 
My second favorite tool is a squeegee.  I spray my cleaner on the window, (I personally use Shaklee, Basic H) I use the microfiber cleaning pad to clean the window, then flip it to the squeegee side and pull all the water from the glass.  Then, I wipe the squeegee dry with my blue microfiber cloth. 
This method is quick, requires no rinsing and leaves windows absolutely streak free.
Now, go tackle those windows.  When the leave start to turn a golden yellow, red and orange, you'll be glad you did!
Only By His Grace,
Billie