Tuesday, September 24, 2013

All Things Fall...day 16

Can we just talk about pumpkins today?  There is something magical about a pumpkin lit up after dark. The twinkle of the candle's flicker... It just love that warm glow.  Something about it makes me feel welcome when I come up the walk and find a pumpkin waiting for me at the door.

Now, I love the pumpkin carving experience, really I do.  Each year I carve pumpkins with my kiddos.  We separate the seeds from the slimy pulp, lightly salt them and toast them in the oven.  Then, when the pumpkin seeds are toasted and cooled, we sit down to watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."  

I love a Halloween jack-o-lantern as much as the next kid...uh...mom.  But my favorite, all time make me ooh-and-ahh are those artfully carved pumpkins that are more a work of art and a labor of love.

Here are a few I found from Ladies Home Journal, Country Living Magazine, and apartment therapy.

Enjoy...maybe get a little inspired.  


















What pumpkin creations will you be making this fall?

Only By His Grace,

Billie