Saturday, February 2, 2013

February is the month of L-O-V-E...


February is the month of L-O-V-E. Just stop by any Hallmark store and you'll see I'm right, at least according to sales and marketing companies.

In honor of Valentine's day, over the next few days at A Life of Grace and Bliss, I want to talk to you about improving our marriages.  Valentine's Day is coming up and I know you want to have the best relationship possible to celebrate this lovely day.  

Let me warn you, ladies.  This next series is NOT about you. It's about your husbands.  It's about giving love away freely and without repayment.  I know many of you struggle with marriages that aren't spectacular.  I know many of you struggle with non-responsive husbands and husbands who are non-supportive of you.  

This series is about YOU being the wife God has called you to be.  I promise you, if you will take action, you will start to see the changes you want to see.


For the past few weeks I've been interviewing a few men close to our family.  My question to them was simple, "What do men need most from their wife?"  I expected a few crass answers, honestly, but I didn't get any -- nope, not a single one.  

The first gentleman I asked gave me a very quick response.  

Qs: What do YOU really need from your wife?  What does she do that is helpful, supportive, honoring to you as a husband / father?  What do you wish she would do more of?  What do you wish she would do less of?  

A: One word: respect. I get this from my wife in the form of support, attention, and backing me up no matter what. 

Respect.  I'll give you a hint.  This is what all  men want from their wives.  You'll see this answer again and again the next few days.  
This friend gave us the how-to in his answer.  

This wife respects her husband in the form of support.  Do you support your husband?  Do you build him up - or tear him down?  Are you encouraging to him?  

This wife respects her husband in the form of attention.  Do you pay attention to your husband?  To you respect his opinion or are you always making him feel like his answers are "stupid" or that he  is unqualified to give you advice?  Do you seek his council?  Do you pay attention to him when he's talking to you or do you multi-task?  

This wife respects her husband in the form of backing him up - no matter what. Make up your mind to back-up your husband.  Unless it's immoral or illegal, love and respect your husband - even when you think he's making a mistake.  Give him your support -- guide him gently, and then support him in his decision...even IF he fails.  


Take away: 
1)  What is one way you can support your husband today?  A word of encouragement?  A boost of confidence?
  
2)  What is one way you can show your husband extra attention today?  A note in his lunch?  A special text message?  A note of attention that doesn't require him to do anything in response?

3)  What area does your husband need you to back him up today?  Our husbands face many dilemmas every day - and although they may appear to know what to do, and how to face them, they often need to know that we back them up.  No matter what!


Blessings to you today!

Only By His Grace,

Billie 


Connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abetterwayoflife

Get blog posts delivered to your inbox:  Follow by email (right side bar)

Leave me a comment:  That's what folks do!