Monday, February 18, 2013

Are you ready for spring?


Every year around this time I get super excited for spring's return.  It's not about the flowers and the warm weather so much as it is about the spring cleaning.




I love spring cleaning. I love washing curtains and vacuuming under beds.  I love cleaning grout and clearing closets.  I love flipping mattresses and taking trucks and trucks of stuff to the Goodwill.  Just thinking about it gives me chills :)  Kind of makes me feel like this!



I'm beginning to work on my spring cleaning check list.  It started me thinking about you!  Do you make a spring cleaning check list?  Do you tackle spring cleaning at all?

If you followed along through the month of January during the January organize-a-thon, you remember how important planning is.  

The planning stage is the first step!  You remember the old adage, "plan the work and work the plan."  I love this one, too, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!"

For the next few weeks I'm going to walk you through my spring cleaning 101!  I'm very excited about this, you know.  My palms are getting sweaty just thinking of it :)

I'll show you my favorite cleaners, my before and after shots, my techniques, my trials and yes, my errors.

I have trouble spots, too.  I have moldy grout in my shower.  I have windows you can't see out of.  I have light fixtures with mountains of dust... and I don't even want to think of what I might find under the sofa cushions.

First step is to do a walk through!  Yes, I know it's the same thing I told you for the organize-a-thon.  But it's so very important.

As you go through each of your rooms, take a notebook and pencil with you.  Imagine your home as a model home...or a show home.  Look at the things you would see if you were a perspective buyer.  Are there cobwebs in the corner?  Do you have broken tile in the shower?  Do your paint colors need updating or touching up?

Start planning your spring cleaning list.  I'll be back with more tips and tricks along the way!  

Leave a comment or shoot me an email if you're planning to join in the spring cleaning.  I love to know what you're doing, too!

Only By His Grace,

Billie