Thursday, September 27, 2012

Labels...

Last week I had the privelege of attending the Secret Keeper Girl Live Pajama Party Tour event with my Kayla.  What a sweet time that was.

It's amazing to me how the things little girls struggle with are often time the same things we big girls struggle with here in girl world.  As I sat there and listend to them impart wisdom to the daughters, it occurred to me that I should listen up, too, because I still need to be reminded and encouraged along the way.

My heart was full of words of wisdom last night that I wanted to pass along to you today.  Maybe you struggle, too, and need a little reminding of God's great love for you.

Remember all those slumber parties you went to as a girl?  Nail polish.  Candy wrappers.  Pillow fights. 

Remember the labels you woke up with next morning?  "Unpopular."  "Friendless."  "Ugly."  "Stupid."  "Uncoordinated."

Those are lables that we sometimes wear as a child.  Unfortunately, we can carry those into adulthood, too.  Even this week, I did something and thought, "Billie!  You're so STUPID!"  But you know what?  Those are labels the world will put on us, if we allow them.  And the more we hear them, the more we start to believe them.

But there is a remedy!  A heavenly remedy! What do you think would happen if we exchanged the lies of the world with the truth of God?

What if instead of thinking, "I'm so ugly,"  We remind ourselves of God's truth?  
Psalm 45:11, "The King is enthralled by your beauty..."

What if instead of thinking, "I'll never amount to much..." we remind ourselves of God's truth?  Proverbs 31:10, "A wife of noble character who can find?  Her price is far above rubies."  

What if instead of thinking, "I'm unlovable," we remind ourselves of God's truth?  
Romans 5:8 "But God shows his love for us that while we were sinners Christ died for us."

Practically speaking, imagine what would happen if you pre-made a month's worth of meals and put them in your freezer.  However, you labeled the chicken enchilladas as lasagna.  Or what if you labeled the chocolate ice cream cake as baked chicken parmesan?  Oh my -- that would me quite the surprise come dinner time, wouldn't it?

Labeling things with the wrong name, can be disastrous.  It can have serious long-term effects and lasting repercussions.

But so can NOT labeling things; if we label them correctly.  What if you pre-made that month's worth of freezer meals and DIDN'T label them at all.  That would be equally confusing.  You'd never know what you were getting.  Will it be chicken enchiladas, lasagna, peanut butter pie?

See where I'm going with this?  Labeling yourself with the wrong label can cause confusion about who we are, and where we are going in this life.  But so can NOT labeling yourself, as well.  If we don't know Who we are and Whose we are...we may not function to our fullest potential.  It's just important to label yourself with the correct label!

So today, I encourage you to pull off all those old labels and put on the correct labels of God's truth.  Wear them proudly!

You are a daughter of the King!

Only By His Grace,

Billie

What labels do you wear?  What truths can you exchange them for?



Be Sure to "Follow" Along!
If we get 50 followers by November 1 we will have a giveaway with 2 great prize packages!

3 ways to enter:
1) Become a new "follower" of this blog -- in the side bar
2) Leave me a comment telling me you're "following"
3) If you blog, post a link on your blog about the giveaway and introduce people to this blog!