Friday, September 21, 2012

Fantastic Friday: A Better Way of Life!

If you asked the people who know me, one thing they would say is I am passionate about is cleaning!

I love my Dyson vacuum.  I love my microfiber cleaning cloths.  I love the smell of clean.  And I hate clutter!

But one of the things I do not like about cleaning is the chemicals used in so many of the cleaning products on the market today.  I'm not a particularly happy person when my home smells like chemicals rather having than a fresh, clean scent.

That is why I want to tell you about Shaklee products.  These cleaning products are an absolute dream.  They care naturally derived, quality tested and approved by millions!  They are non-toxic, natural and organic.  They will not harm your children, your pets or your clothes!

When you consider that one bottle of "all-purpose" cleaner from  the market costs anywhere between $3.00 and $7.00 per bottle depending on brand... that gets pretty steep month after month.  When you combine that with the fact that you need a bathroom cleaner and a kitchen cleaner and a furniture polish and window cleaner and floor cleaner and anti-bacterial cleaner... Sheesh!  No wonder we are a sick people.  We fill our homes with all sorts of toxins every day!

Shaklee's Get Clean line is non-toxic and naturally derived. I love that.  But when one 16oz bottle of Shaklee's Basic H2 concentrate make 44 gallons of all purpose cleaner AND it's all natural? Why wouldn't I want to give it a try?

WOW!  I mean, really, really WOW!

I like first-hand testimonials, so allow me share my own experience with you:

First, let me explain my oven situation.  It's a gas oven, and I refuse to use a chemical-based cleaner on it for the fumes and the utter possibility to explode my house!  I mean, there is an active pilot light in operation here, why would I spray in a flammable cleaner?

Shaklee is highly concentrated. So the first thing you do when you receive the product, in this case Shaklee Basic H2, is to mix up the all purpose cleaner.  The directions say to use 1/4 teaspoon of concentrate to 16 oz of water.  Okay.  That's easy enough.

Did you catch that?  1/4 teaspoon makes 16 oz of all purpose cleaner!

In my case, the next thing I did was spray mist it onto my nasty grimy oven.

This is Before Basic H...

You can see the baked on splatters, the spills and the sheer grossness of it all.  What you don't know is that this is what's left after I had just cleaned it!  Can you see the white filmy residue in the bottom of the oven?  Eww!

After 5 minutes with the Shaklee product misted on and a couple swipes of my kitchen sponge... Here's the result!


This is after Basic H...


F-I-V-E minutes, folks!  Isn't that crazy amazing?

My next victim was the dishwasher... You know that nasty grimy crusted on crud that lands on the door ledge and dries up like cement?  Well, I couldn't get that stuff removed for anything.  I used abrasive cleaners, I used harsh chemical cleaners, I used a mixture of dishwasher detergent and water and let it set on there.  No luck.

I sprayed on my Basic H and waited 2 minutes.  TWO minutes... and here's what happened!


This is before Basic H...


This is after Basic H...


 I have found all sorts of fun things to clean with this stuff.  Kitchen cabinets, furniture, carpet, laundry stains, bathrooms, grout, cars...and just wait till you see what it does to windows!  But that's another post!  Stay tuned.  I can't wait to share with you all my successes with this fantastic product!  

Until then I clean...

Only By His Grace,

Billie Ross


To read more about the all-natural cleaning line of Shaklee products, visit my business page
www.abetterwayof life.myshaklee.com or visit the Shaklee tab on the right of the blog!



Be Sure to "Follow" Along!
If we get 50 followers by November 1 we will have a giveaway with 2 great prize packages!

3 ways to enter:
1) Become a new "follower" of this blog -- in the side bar
2) Leave me a comment telling me you're "following"
3) If you blog, post a link on your blog about the giveaway and introduce people to this blog!