Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hardwood floors...

I know this post is going to make you think I've lost my marbles.  You may be right - the jury is still out on that one.

I promise you I AM NOT O.C.D.  I just have a little issue with my hardwood floors.

Backstory: When we bought the house, it had been a rental - there were at least five families who rented... apparently none of them knew how to clean a floor.  When we bought the house, the hardwood looked like it had been grouted!  EEEWWW!

So from time to time, I get the hankering to clean the hardwood... like this:

Basic h2
nature bright
a toothbrush
hot water

 Here's a photo of the spaces that cause me issues.  See all the grungy dirt in there?




I spray in my Basic h2 (1/4 tsp) and my nature bright (1 tsp) to 16 oz of hot water.


I let it set a minute to work into that muck, then I scrub with an old toothbrush.


The stains don't come out completely, but they look better than when I started, and I know the floors are clean.  Now for the remaining 230 square feet of the kitchen...


How do you clean your floors?  What's your favorite cleaner?  Are you obsessed with grout and hard wood spaces?

Only By His Grace,

Billie