Monday, March 25, 2013

Every nook and cranny...

Did you have a good weekend?  This weekend we had some crazy weather!  Saturday was sunny and 70 degrees.  Sunday was a high in the upper 30's with snow and sleet.  But that's life in the Ohio Valley!

Today I'm enjoying a cup of Organic Cinnamon tea as I write this post.  What are you having?

I want to talk to you about floor vents today.  It seems like I am always sharing some crazy off the wall thing with you.  Today I'm sharing my flooring vents.  Who know what the next post will hold?  It's always a surprise...even to me :)

As I've been working through the spring cleaning routine I have noticed how nasty my floor vents are.  Most of mine are an off-white, which makes them so much more prone to showing nastiness.

But I have a couple of options for you!  Before you start, please understand that my floor vents are plastic.  Please don't try this on wooden vents.  I think metal vents would respond well, as long as they are dried quickly.

Here's the process: Remove the nasty floor vent cover from the vent.



Fill a large sink or basin full of hot water.  Add in 1/2 tsp Shaklee Basic H2 and 1/2 scoop of Shaklee Nature Bright.



Allow vent to soak for a few (5) minutes.  Then grab a small brush to clean out those nooks and crannies.



Rinse clean and clear.  Replace vent cover.


If, unlike myself, you're not crazy about hand scrubbing 20 or so floor vent covers... another great option is to put those little buggers in the dish washer.  Run on the lightest wash possible with medium temp water.  Allow them to dry, and replace them.

What have you been working on during your spring cleaning?

Only By His Grace,

Billie