Friday, November 1, 2013

Season of Gratitude...

Every year I make it a point to focus on the things I am most grateful for during the month of November.  Most years I make a "thankfulness tree" using construction paper leaves,  some years we keep a decorated treasure box on the kitchen counter to hold all our gratitude in.  The premise is that each night at dinner, we write down and share one thing we are thankful for.  You can read about last year's project here.At the end of the month, or right before Thanksgiving, we take the box of notes, or the leaves off the tree, and share again ALL that we are thankful for.

Last year, throughout the month of November I posted about getting your home ready for guests, about cute Thanksgiving crafts for the kiddos that will visit you, about setting a pretty table.  This year, I may throw a few of those kinds of posts into the mix, but I've also determined that this year, we will focus on what we are thankful for.  Ready?  Let's go.

November 1:  I am thankful for the beauty in nature.


Around our part of the country, peak color season falls anywhere between mid-September and late-October.  One of the things I am most thankful for this year, is that we've had a late peak color season.  I love the fall colors during the Halloween season and weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.

It's as if the world is a brighter place, is filled with color and presence, and wants to wrap you in a nice warm hug.

Today, I am thankful for the beauty of nature.  

What are you thankful for?

Only By His Grace,

Billie