Saturday, November 2, 2013

Season of Gratitude...


One of the things I'm so very grateful for this time of year is the late sunrise and early sunset.  Oh, I know, not everyone likes getting while it's still dark, and most people don't like the thought of it getting dark at 5:30 p.m.  But not me.  I love it.  The shorter days feel like they are giving me permission to sleep in an extra five minutes and to hang out with my kids a little longer in the evening.

This year our schedule has been one of the toughest I can ever remember.  In fact, it's been a daily struggle for me just to keep going.  I estimated that each day I spend at least 3+ hours in my car, just transporting my kids to and from activities and myself to work and back...not to mention errands and activities.  Let me just say - I've come to hate my car.

So, now that the days are shorter and the nights are longer, our activities have ceases and we have our family dinners back.  We have evenings in front of the tv or piling up in the floor playing board games... We are together more now that the days are shorter.  

I for one am grateful.  

What are you grateful for?

Only By His Grace,

Billie