Monday, April 15, 2013

The things I don't know about toothpaste...



Well, I must admit to you that I am always learning something new. Some of the things I learn are interesting, at best. Then there are things I learn that are truly spectacular.


I'm having a little water with lemon today.


One item we all purchase at the grocery is toothpaste. We might buy different brands, buy in bulk, be brand loyal... or not... but we all buy toothpaste.


Here are some of the fascinating things I've recently learned about toothpaste.

  1. Toothpaste will get crayons off walls.  Obviously you want a white toothpaste - not a red gel :)
  2. Toothpaste will clean fingernails.  If your nails tend to yellow from manicure products, a little whitening toothpaste scrub will brighten them back up.
  3. Toothpaste will polish jewelry.  A dab of toothpaste and a toothbrush can add the shine back to dull jewelry.  Don’t use on pearls - but diamonds will shine like new after a quick scrub a dub.
  4. Toothpaste will remove scratches from DVD’s and CD’s.  Put a little toothpaste on a soft clean towel and gently buff away the scratch.  You want to use a non-abrasive toothpaste, and not rub too hard, but it will remove surface scratches.
  5. Solid white (no added gel) whitening toothpaste will help remove perspiration stains from white shirts.  Just rub in a dime-sized amount, rub it in unit it's distributed evenly and nearly absorbed, then launder as usual.
  6. Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you!

Only By His Grace,

Billie