Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Slowing down...

Summer is upon us.  My kiddos have three days of school remaining (yay!) and then 10 weeks of fun in the sun.

Because I still work during our summer break, I try to rearrange my schedule to allow ample time for fun and games.

What seems like my never-ending list of to-dos and need-tos has to take a back seat to my want-tos and get-tos.  Laundry isn't as important a task because school uniforms don't haunt me from every corner.  The floors get a little dirtier from the tracking in of grass and dirt that come from a day playing in the sprinkler or lobbing water balloons at beloved siblings.  The windows don't sparkle and the walls sometimes get smudged.  But I don't care!

Summer is about days spent lounging on the deck with a glass of iced tea while the kids giggle on the trampoline.  Summer is about taking a hike in a nearby nature conservatory.  Summer is about taking out our inflatable raft on a neighboring pond and fishing from the creek bank. Summer is grilled hot dogs and potato chips.  Summer is drinks on the deck and camping gear stowed in the trunk.  

Life is busy, and will continue to be hectic.  But I don't want to miss a single minute with my kiddos.  Time is fleeting but memories last forever.  Make them ones to remember!

Slow down this week.  Go ahead and make your to-do list, but also make a want-to list as well.  Then pick one or two things on your to-do list and replace them with one or two things on your want-to list.  

Take pictures, tell stories, enjoy the sunshine!

Only By His Grace,

Billie