Sunday, July 21, 2013

Celebrating the small things...

Summer is in full swing...and sadly, I can see the start of school just around the corner :( 

In fact, we are doing our school supplies shopping tomorrow.  Last week I hemmed uniforms, treated stains and mended busted zippers.  I'm one of those moms that gets every single day's worth of wear out of those uniforms. Every. Single. Day!  


I'm still taking the mom challenge - this week I'm focusing on celebrating the little successes.  Are there really any little successes?  Isn't every success a big deal?  Well it should be!  Here's the goal for the week:  Find something your child does that makes you proud, and celebrate it.

Maybe we'll go out for ice cream.  Maybe we'll take advantage of two-fer Tuesday at Lazer tag, or maybe a movie night.  I don't know what it will be, but this summer, as I've taken a break from mopping and dusting and cleaning the refrigerator coils with a Q-tip (...I'm kidding) I've found more and more about my kids that I am so very proud of.

This week...I'll be celebrating with my kiddos.  I can't wait to see what all they can do....

Only By His Grace,

Billie